Yes, I know the year is halfway over, and this country has already driven over the cliff, but you still have time to prepare. If you’ve already been doing these things, great! Keep doing it as long as you can. But this post is more for those who are just now coming to terms with the fact that something bad is coming to this nation. You need to catch up as quickly as possible.
1) Buy more food – Stock up on non-perishable food items. If the food won’t last long without electricity leave it at the store. You and yours should be able to survive a minimum of six months without leaving your home. Water is also part of the equation and you should have the ability to store, or least purify, large quantities of water for drinking.
2) Buy guns, ammunition, and accessories – When you need them, you’re really going to need them. Ammo should be the priority if you already own a few quality firearms. Well-made guns that are cared for should last a lifetime, the ammunition is going to run out sooner than you imagine. Of course, you need to be proficient with them too.
3) Reduce your tax liability – If there’s one thing both political parties can agree on it’s spending money that we don’t actually have. They might disagree on who gets it, but they can all agree in principle that spending the nation’s future is perfectly fine. Stop contributing to the insanity, or at least give as little as you can.
4) Stop thinking that we’re going to vote our way out of this mess – I know we all learned in high school civics class that voting is a privilege and a duty. By all means go ahead and vote, but put the notion that this nation’s problems are going to be solved so easily out of your head. That’s how we got the problems in the first place. There are no easy solutions for what’s coming.
5) Try not to worry so much – I know this one is probably the hardest of them all, but there are times when you have absolutely no say over what happens. In those cases try not to let it bother you. Change the things you actually have control over. That’s all you can do, all the rest is wasted energy