Here’s wishing a Happy New Year to all my readers, or as “happy” as it can get considering our nation is in an uncontrolled freefall destined to end unpleasantly. I’ve decided to stop blogging for a while. When blogging is no longer enjoyable and more a like a chore it’s time to take a break. A week, a decade, or forever, I don’t know. Since I will no longer be checking in regularly to manage the spam comments will also be suspended, in 72 hours. Good luck everyone and God bless!
Since January I’ve been preoccupied with numerous issues (including our nation being in an uncontrolled freefall) so I haven’t had much time (or desire) for regular postings. I will try to do better, although I’m not making any promises.
I have returned from my self-imposed exile rested and ready to go. Comments are on again. While I was gone, and starting before, actually, I made some necessary changes for the times we are living in. I can’t believe it took me this long to do them. Guess I wasn’t motivated enough until now.
1) Changed over to Brave browser – Much faster than Firefox and without the PC nonsense.
2) Moved away from free email – As has been said many times before, if Big Tech is giving you something for free, you are the product, not the costumer.
3) Changed the hosting of this site from GoDaddy to Epik – While nothing is completely safe Epik does have a much better record for supporting freedom of speech. If you are looking for a host for your own site I give Epik a big thumbs up.
4) Received and spent my $1400 government gimme check – I decided to go ahead and spend it all before this new Congress finishes the job of turning the US Dollar into Monopoly money. Bought some more 5.56 ammunition (95¢ a round, ouch!), paid for the move of this site to a more secure host (see above), bought a little gold, sent some money to GAB, and purchased a few miscellaneous gun items. THANKS DEMORATS!
5) I’ve also read (mostly reread) the following books – They seem even more insightful now with the recent events in this nation. I highly recommend all of them.
Two science fiction tales about little guys taking on the government.
The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress – Robert A. Heinlein
Wasp – Eric Frank Russell
Three non-fiction books that graphically illustrate what war looks like when two very different peoples try to occupy the same land.
Scalp Dance – Thomas Goodrich
Over the Earth I Come – Duane Schultz
Empire of the Summer Moon – S. P. Gwynne
Beginning in August I will be reposting old photo posts from my original blog. Several posts from my old Blogger site have disappeared in the last few months. Some in their entirety, but more often just the photo file. I will be reposting my favorite old photo posts here, in their appropriate month, just to make sure they don’t get lost down the memory hole. So for the next year expect many more photo posts on this site, although you long time readers may have seen some of them before.